Understanding Campus Climate: Ongoing Challenges and (Post)Pandemic Priorities
June 16-17, 2021 – Online
SERU Consortium invites campus representatives, students, faculty, and staff to the 2021 Virtual SERU Research Symposium. SERU universities in the US and internationally are committed to promoting inclusion through sustaining a positive campus climate. SERU/USUES and gradSERU survey data support universities in their efforts to identify challenges and inform initiatives aimed at improving diversity, equity and inclusion in undergraduate and graduate education. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, minoritized and marginalized student populations have been disproportionately affected by campus closures. The pandemic has exacerbated existing disparities and has drastically undermined universities’ plans to promote an inclusive campus climate.
2021 SERU Research Symposium will provide a venue to track progress and barriers in the development of a healthy campus climate for inclusion at research-intensive universities in the (post)pandemic era. The symposium will include pre-recorded presentations and live virtual sessions on June 16 and 17 with Q&A and panel discussions with presenters.
June 16: Campus Climate and Student Wellbeing in Undergraduate Education
- Plenary Session: Undergraduate Students' Perspectives on Learning and Wellbeing during the Pandemic
- Campus Climate for Undergraduate Student Success
- Undergraduate Students’ Wellbeing and the Impact of COVID-19
June 17: Program Climate and Student Wellbeing in Graduate Education
- Plenary Session: Program Climate in Graduate Education during COVID-19
- Program Climate, Equity and Inclusion in Graduate and Professional Education
- Graduate and Professional Students’ Wellbeing and the Impact of COVID-19
For more information, contact SERU Consortium Director Igor Chirikov, email@example.com.
SERU Consortium web-page: https://cshe.berkeley.edu/seru