The Student Experience in the Research University Project, based at the Center for Studies in Higher Education at UC Berkeley, will hold its 4th SERU Research Symposium on May 14 and 15, 2010 on the Berkeley campus.
This year's theme is, Learning Outcomes, Student Success, and Assessing Affordability: An Exploration of What the Data and Research Tells Us.
Representatives from each of the 16 research universities that make up the SERU Consortium will be participants - including the nine undergraduate campuses of the University of California, along with the AAU Universities of Michigan, Minnesota, Florida, Texas, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, and Oregon.
Topics will include:
• Sessions to have SERU members present findings of survey data, innovative usage of data, and applications such as Program Review - we now have 16 members, including the Univ of Texas that just joined.
• Discussion on planning issues for future SERU/UCUES Surveys and research.
• Speakers and Panel Session on Learning Outcomes Research and Initiatives at SERU Member Campuses, and at the National Level (AHELO).
• Panel Session on Understanding Student Success at Research Universities.
• Panel Session on Affordability Issues During the Great Recession.