Xiaojie Fan is a 4th year Ph.D. student at Fudan University Institute for Higher Education. Before studying at Fudan, she worked at the Development Planning Office of East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST) which is one of the “double-world-first class” universities in Shanghai. The work at ECUST helped her understand the Chinese “double-world-first class” project policy deeply and the impact of governmental policy on the development of the higher education system in China. Her research interests at Fudan focus on the quality of graduate education and the political economy of higher education. Up to now, she has published and collaborated more than ten papers in this field of research, most of which were published in prestigious and peer-reviewed journals in China.
Some of her key (selected) publications include:
- Fan, X., & Li, R. (2021). Research on the Impact of Family Education Expenditure on the Future Poverty Vulnerability of Multidimensional Poor Families. Education Policy Review in China 2021. (Contracted to be Published in 2022).
- Fan, X., & Li, R. (2021). Study on the Impact of Family Cultural Capital and Economic Capital on Family Education Expenditure: The Cases of 10 Poverty-Stricken Counties in Eastern, Central, and Western China. Fudan Education Forum, 2021,19(05). DOI:10.13397/j.cnki.fef.2021.05.012.
- Wu W., & Xu X., & Fan X., & Chen. (2020). Discussions on the Path of Leading the Construction of World-class Universities by Discipline Convergence. Tsinghua Journal of Education. 2020,41(05). DOI:10.14138/j.1001-4519.2020.05.008007
- Fan, X., & Wu, Y. (2021). (2020). An Exploratory Study on The Grading Method of China University Subject Rankings Results. Higher Education in Chemical Engineering. Higher Education in Chemical Engineering. 2020,37(05). DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1000-6168.2020.05.010
- Fan, X., & Li, R. (2020). The Impact of Elementary Education Policies and Its Policy Instruments on Family Education Payment from the Perspective of Poverty Alleviation. Journal of Central China Normal University (Humanities and Social Sciences) 2020,59(04). DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1000-2456.2020.04.023
- Fan, X., & Wu, Y. (2018). Thinking about the Future Development Trend of Discipline Assessment in Shanghai Education Evaluation Research, No. 7 of 2018. DOI:10.13794/j.cnki.shjee.2018.0081
- Fan, X., & Wang, Y. (2014). Evaluation Research on the Advantaged and Potential Disciplines in Shanghai, Research in Fudan Education Forum, 12(4):35-40. DOI: 10.13397/j.cnki.fef.2014.04.007
Some of her key (selected) Research Projects:
- Exploration of factors influencing low-income families’ ability to afford education in rural China
- Quality evaluation of the East China University of Science and Technology Graduate Research
- Innovation of methods in evaluating “double-first-class universities”
- Experiences of foreign students studying at international schools in Shanghai
- Evaluation research on the Advantageous and Potential Disciplines in Shanghai
- Investigation of ecological environments attracting talented personnel from overseas to Shanghai universities
- Theory and methodology of undergraduate programs evaluation